Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The World of Books


Up until now, most of my blogging has been about writing. However, one of the major rules of becoming a writer is to be an avid reader. Read the genre that you write, write the genre that you love to read. So I am a writer who enjoys reading. This wasn't always the case. I never really enjoyed reading as a child. I had my favorite books and my go to authors, but I was by no means an avid reader. Then, I became a teacher and I started reading all the wonderful books that were out there in the middle grade and young adult market. I talked with students about the books they were reading and recommended ones that I had read.

More recently, I started a reading journal so I could keep track of all the books I read. My original reason for doing this was to keep a log that would help me when submitting my work to agents and publishers. Then just this past weekend, I read a book so wonderful that I actually wrote in the log while reading it. I wanted to document all my reactions and favorite quotes from the book. Days after I finished it, I couldn't get the book out of my head. I am even thinking about reading it again because I read it so fast the first time that maybe this time I will pick up on even more.

So what is the name of this most wonderful book that caused me to stop blogging about writing and start writing about reading?

For that answer, check back tomorrow when I give you the name of this book and my opinion For What It Is Worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment