Saturday, May 2, 2015

See You At Harry's

Volume Five in the Books That Matter Series

Recently, I heard the author of this book, Jo Knowles, speak at an event. Her speech moved me to tears. I had read two of her books before: Jumping Off Swings and Pearl. But I was surprised to hear her work has been met with such harsh criticism. Because of her speech, I checked out one of her other books, See You At Harry's. Once again, Jo Knowles moved me to tears with her words. This book needs to be out there. It is so true to life. It should be available for a person who is dealing with grief, for someone who is gay and longs to see relatable characters in books, for people who need to know that love is not something that should be banned. This book impacted me greatly. See You At Harry's is a book that matters. And more importantly, Jo Knowles is a voice that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment