Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Maybe A Fox

Volume Thirteen in the Books That Matters Series

Sisters, Sylvie and Jules, often ask themselves what happens when someone dies and their answers usually start with maybe.

With so many beliefs on what happens after someone dies, this middle grade book touches beautifully on where a spirit might go, especially if some unfinished business needs to be resolved before moving on.

Having faced some difficult losses, this is a book I needed to read. I have said it before but sometimes books have a way of finding a reader at exactly the appropriate time. While visiting a new local independent bookstore on Sunday afternoon, I found Maybe A Fox on the shelf. I had not heard anything about it (a strange occurrence for me). The cover drew me in with a beautiful image of a fox and subtle pictures in the words. I read the description and immediately decided to buy it. This book called to me, almost as if it knew I needed to find it. And I did need to find it.

Thank you, Kathi Appelt and Alison McGhee, for writing this book and making it a book that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment