Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Maybe A Fox

Volume Thirteen in the Books That Matters Series

"What happens after you die?"
-Kathi Appelt and Alison McGhee (authors of Maybe A Fox)

This is the question that sisters, Sylvie and Jules, ask themselves.

"Maybe you turn into wind.
Maybe you turn into stars.
Maybe you go to another world."
-Kathi Appelt and Alison McGhee (authors of Maybe A Fox)

These are a few of the possible answers Sylvie and Jules come up with. And this is why Maybe A Fox by Kathi Appelt and Alison McGhee is a book that matters.

With so many beliefs on what happens after someone dies, this middle grade book touches beautifully on where a spirit might go, especially if some unfinished business needs to be resolved before moving on.

Having faced some difficult losses, this is a book I needed to read. I have said it before but sometimes books have a way of finding a reader at exactly the appropriate time. While visiting a new local independent bookstore on Sunday afternoon, I found Maybe A Fox on the shelf. I had not heard anything about it (a strange occurrence for me). The cover drew me in with a beautiful image of a fox and subtle pictures in the words. I read the description and immediately decided to buy it. This book called to me, almost as if it knew I needed to find it. And I did need to find it.

Thank you, Kathi Appelt and Alison McGhee, for writing this book and making it a book that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment